Friday, April 17, 2009

Departure

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

Not really, but it is a good song...

Saturday, April 18

Depart from Presque Isle, 6 a.m., connections at Boston's Logan Airport and Washington's Reagan Airport. Arrive at Miami International Airport at 2:20 p.m.

Orientation, lectures, and Tour of the Everglades April 18-20

Monday, April 20
Depart from Miami at 9:55 a.m.
Arrive San Jose, Costa Rica at 10:40 a.m. (local time)

I'm anxious and excited, but also leaving with mixed feelings. I have never been away from my kids for two weeks at a time! They are in good hands.

6 comments:

  1. That would be my weakest link too Gisele! But they are older and understand what an amazing opportunity this is for their mom. We'll give Anna hugs from you on a daily basis the week after break, okay? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! What a great opportunity for you and your students. I can't wait to hear about your adventures... especially with the spiders!!!

    Eric Carter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your counting down the hours till you get to leave. If I was leaving to go to a whole new county for two weeks I would be excited too! I can't believe that you are only allowed to bring forty pounds worth of stuff. It must be because of all the other teachers going and they don't want so much weight on the plane that it won't fly. Only a little while longer and you will be set off to meet the other teachers. Make lots of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an exciting trip, Gisele! My husband says Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful places in the world... enjoy!
    Josee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you, Gisele. Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures.

    p.s.: Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gisele,

    I'm glad your bags arrived in time for your departure! Thank you so much for sharing this link with us. What a great opportunity for you and us, because of you!

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete